HealthONE and HCA Continental Division Leadership Team
President and Chief Executive Officer
HealthONE® and HCA's Continental Division
Sylvia Young, a 32-year veteran of hospital administration, was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of HCA Continental Division and HCA-HealthONE LLC in June 2012. As CEO she oversees nine acute care hospitals; one rehabilitation hospital; 18 ambulatory surgery centers; dozens of physician clinics; 13,000 employees and $2.7 billion in net revenue.
Previously, Young served as President of HCA’s Sunrise Health System in Las Vegas and from 1998 to 2007, she served as CEO of The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza near Denver, CO.
In 2016, Forbes named Young one of the “Top Women Business Leaders in the Western U.S.” In 2015, she was honored by the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce as one of the Top 25 Most Powerful Women. Young was named Samford University’s Alumni of the Year in 2013, and one of the 10 “Power Women of Nevada” by Nevada Business Magazine in 2012. In 2009, Young was recognized nationally by Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the “Top 25 Women in Healthcare in the U.S.”
Young currently serves on the following community boards and has garnered the honors and accolades below:
- Colorado Concern
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Marketing and Strategy Committee member
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Public Affairs Co-Chair
- 2017 DCPA Corporate Chair – Saturday Night Alive Annual Gala
- 2017 Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America Chair –Distinction Awards Dinner
- 2015 Light The Night Walk Corporate Chair – Lymphoma and Leukemia Society
- 2014 Chair Go Red for Women - American Heart Association
Young has a master’s degree in health administration from the University of Alabama, Birmingham and a bachelor’s degree in public administration from Samford University in Birmingham. She and her husband, Dr. David Young, have two daughters.